TRAINEESHIP: Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to the United Nations and other international organisations – Health Section
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Geneva at the United Nations and other international organisations ?
A traineeship of up to 5 months within the Health Section of the EU Delegation to the UN in Geneva, starting in March 2022, subject to availability of the budget.
- Assist the section-colleagues in covering EU-activities in WHO, Global Fund and GAVI.
- Attend meetings and events organised at the United Nations, EU Delegation, EU Member States, UN Agencies, NGOs, academia or think-tanks.
- Prepare background notes, analytical reports, summary of documents of relevant UN and EU meetings, events, seminars etc.
- Assist in the relevant (High Level and regular) meetings of WHO and other health-related bodies, overall communication with EUMS, including through WhatsApp, email and Agora.
- Support the team in drafting reports, organising meetings, researching and analysing specific policy topics, analysing policy.
- Any other task assigned by the HoS and/or team colleagues.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of English, French a strong asset.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the EU and UN systems.
- Tact, discretion, excellent communication skills.
- Team player
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Health Section (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.