TRAINEESHIP: Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Saudi Arabia
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Saudi Arabia?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Trade Section of the EU Delegation to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman, starting in September 2021.
The Trade and Economic Affairs section is responsible for economic, trade and investment relationship with host country interlocutors as well as coordination with EU Member States. It also covers energy, climate and space cooperation activities. The section covers the cooperation with the GCC, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar.
- Assist with the analysis of the current and future dynamics of economic cooperation between EU and the GCC, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain and Qatar;
- Conduct short-term research and draft background notes on specific issues;
- Draft notes, reports to HQ/Brussels and to EU Member States;
- Support the EU Delegation in promoting trade and investment between EU and GCC countries;
- Help with economic outreach to relevant local stakeholders;
- Support the organization of events related to the work of the Delegation, including on communication and visibility;
- Attend and report from meetings, academic lectures and think tanks, events
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in Saudi Arabia will be considered;
- At least a Bachelor degree in a field relevant to the task of the section above
- Excellent spoken and written English; excellent analytical and drafting skills
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Deeper knowledge and past experience in Saudi Arabia, other Gulf countries and Middle East is an advantage
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-SAUDI-ARABIA-RECRUIT@EEAS.EUROPA.EU(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Trade Section.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.