TRAINEESHIP: Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Iceland – Political Affairs
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Iceland?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Affairs, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Iceland, starting in September 2021.
The Political, Press & Information Section aims to facilitate the development of political and economic relations between the EU and Iceland and to inform the general public and other specific audiences about various EU related matters.
- Tasks related to the political affairs functions of the Section
- Support to analysis and reporting of significant political developments in Iceland, including in the areas of domestic politics and foreign and security policies.
- Conducting research on political aspects and assisting in the drafting of briefings.
- Support to the organisational and logistical aspects of the Delegation’s public diplomacy activities
- Translation of articles, academic input, etc from Icelandic to English (and vice-versa).
- Attend and report on relevant conferences, seminars, etc.
- In addition, specific project(s) may be pursued during the traineeship, subject to the terms and conditions of the traineeship agreement
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak, applicants currently residing in Iceland will only be considered
- Young graduate, having at least a Bachelor Diploma in relevant disciplines (International Affairs, European Affairs, Political Science, Law, etc).
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-ICELAND-TRAINEESHIP@eeas.europa.eu(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in [Iceland] must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin.