Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the OSCE and other International Organisations in Vienna?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the OSCE Section of the EU Delegation to the International Organisations in Vienna, starting in September 2022.
The OSCE Section covers the wide and rich agenda of the Organisation’s activities across its three key dimensions: politico-military, economic and environmental, and human rights and fundamental freedoms. It also covers transnational threats, such as cyber and counter terrorism, and situations of conflict such as in eastern Ukraine and the protracted conflicts. The OSCE Section is responsible for ensuring EU coordination, outreach towards third countries, drafting EU statements and preparing reports for the European External Action Service (EEAS) and other EU institutions. The OSCE Section engages in public diplomacy efforts displaying EU actions and achievements within the Organization. The OSCE Section assists the EU Permanent Representative in the performance of her role as Ambassador of the EU to the OSCE.
- Monitor developments in the three OCSE dimensions: politico-military, economic and environmental, and human dimension.
- Assist permanent staff in the coverage of a large variety of regional and thematic dossiers.
- Assist permanent staff in the preparation of EU coordination and outreach activities.
- Help in drafting EU statements.
- Take notes and draft reports in a variety of meetings and consultations.
- Support permanent staff’s participation in meetings and consultations.
- Engage in background research on EU and OSCE related topics.
- Assist in the organization of public diplomacy activities.