The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid, humanitarian assistance and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation. It also coordinates with the Member States’ Embassies. Our mission is to represent the values and interests of the European Union in Colombia, contributing to the prosperity, peace, development and stability of the country and its citizens. Our vision is a solid and plural European Union-Colombia relationship, built on mutual respect, shared values and a common commitment to multilateralism. Our values are solidarity, peace, commitment to democracy and human rights, including gender equality, and good governance. We work in close coordination with our Member States and value transparency, respect and integrity in all our relationships.
We offer a post of Press and Information Assistant . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Assistant – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the following tasks and responsibilities under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section:
- Prepare and coordinate implementation of the Delegation’s communication and visibility strategy;
- Coordinate across sections of the delegation and with external consultants coherent communication activities with clear messages and high visibility;
- Maintain close relations and network with press, media, government offices, partners, press officers from EU Embassies and with EU HQ;
- Draft press releases, contributing to and preparing speeches and editing articles and placing publications, ensure website management, social media communication and coordinate campaigns and outreach;
- Respond to requests from the public and press enquiries, prepare briefing dossiers, organise press and social media coverage for the Delegation’s activities;
- Ensure daily monitoring of local media, both traditional and social media, and produce press reviews.
The post concerns a full time position (37.5 hours per week) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá, including field missions.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of English (B2) and Spanish (C2);
- Experience in social or political communication.
- At least 2 years of working experience.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Higher level education (not necessarily a university degree) in communication, political studies, international relations, or other related fields should be considered.
- Satisfactory knowledge of any other official EU language.
- Experience from an EU institution
- Relevant experience and good knowledge of Colombian media, political situation, peace process and human rights;
- Good knowledge of the functioning of the European Union, EU external action, EU development cooperation and sectorial policies;
- Excellent ability and experience with carrying out Press and Information activities such as editing articles, placing publications, managing website, using social media, coordinating campaigns and organizing events;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of formulating and implementing a communication strategy, including ability to coordinate with different staff groups and with clear messages create common understanding;
- Good professional network and cutting edge knowledge of the media landscape including printed press, radio, television and social media;
- Competences and experience with working and advising on sensitive issues. Very good analytical capabilities and capacity to quickly identify key issues and response. Flexible and able to work with many different topics.
How to apply
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: July 14th 2021
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/files/europass_cv_12.doc