EU VACANCY: EEAS Vacancy Notice: Contract Agent FGIII – Regional Security Officer (RSO) at the Delegation to Angola – Delegation job n° 337014
Deadline for sending application: 18/06/2021 at 18.00 (CET). Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae. Late applications will not be accepted.
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent foreign policy of the European Union. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity of Vice President of the Commission. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
EEAS BA SI.1, Field Security Division is a dynamic team, responsible for providing security advice and support to EU Delegations worldwide, enabling their work and assisting with the fulfilment of the legal duty of care obligation towards the EEAS staff and eligible dependents, assets and information.
The Division has three sectors: Operations, Resources & Logistics and Strategy. The Operations sector provides the link between HQ and field operations including the Regional Security Officer (RSO) network, comprising 71 RSOs (with three HQ RSO floaters and 68 RSOs based in Delegations). The Resources and Logistics Sector carries out oversight of the budget lines for Security services contracts (security static guarding and close protection worldwide), coordinates on all security contract tenders worldwide, manages the procurement and maintenance of armoured vehicles, personal protective equipment, radio-communications networks, the Division’s human resources (including RSO network recruitment, rotation), and is involved in all security related financial, budgetary, legal and audit matters. The Strategy Sector is responsible for the drafting of policies, training of Security Management Teams, security elearning tools, training of RSOs, Service Level Arrangements and the content of Hostile Environment Awareness Training courses.
A challenging position in the Field Security Division of Regional Security Officer at Delegations to Angola – contract agent FGIII as per article 3a of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS) for an initial period of 3 years, with possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be part of a motivated team with a strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork.
WE LOOK FOR
A Regional Security Officer, under the EEAS Security and Infrastructure Directorate, Field Security Division, HQ Security authority – to advise and assist the Head of EU Delegation to Angola, SMT(s) and staff, in arranging and implementing all physical, organisational and procedural measures related to the security of the Union’s Delegation to Angola.
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague who, under the supervision of an official, will
- design, evaluate and supervise the use of equipment and implementation of procedures for security of persons, goods and information. He/she ensures good contacts with the authorities and/or agencies and forms necessary links with civil society. He/she participates in security meetings organized by Member States, the UN and/or other partners,
- implement measures in the fields of crisis management devices and procedures, including aspects of evacuation,
- – define technical measures and follows up recommendations in the fields of his/her competence (security of persons, goods and information),
- ensure the respect of security procedures in the event of a crisis at the Delegation and supervises the updating of lists of expatriate staff and families in the event of an evacuation,
- raise awareness, give advice and trains expatriates and other staff on issues of protection/security,
- contribute to the implementation of security measures and keeps Headquarters and the Head of Delegation regularly informed via oral and written reporting and situation-analysis,
- conduct regular risk analyses of the situations in the country applying recognized risk analysis tools,
- when requested, contribute with EEAS Security Directorate in reviewing and updating policies, norms and procedures related to security.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
Candidates for this contract agent III post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post;
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/joboffers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All…
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have gained at least 2 years’ full time relevant professional experience (e.g.: police, military);
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- have proven experience in the area of security, in particular diplomatic security protection or a relevant security area;
- have knowledge of Operational Security Management, including Security Risk Management.
- have good drafting, communication and analytical skills;
- have problem solving and organisational skills;
- have knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the Union; and
- have experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- be physically fit for purpose and able to perform long-term missions to countries under critical threat levels.
- the ability to work under periods of stress e.g. responding to a range of security incidents and security crises including evacuations,
- and any training and/or formal education in Field Security, Operational Security Management or Business Continuity
- knowledge of Portuguese language
would be considered as strong assets.
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service. On that occasion, the candidate should indicate any serious health problems or requirements for specialised medical treatment for themselves and/or for the individuals who will accompany them. If staff members withhold such information they will not benefit from a reimbursement by the institution of certain costs, e.g. expenses relating to medical evacuation, or to a return to Headquarters in the case of early rotation.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance (PSC) to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with relevant security provisions.
As a matter of policy, applications of individuals who have the dual nationality of the host country or the partner of whom has the nationality of the host country will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The EEAS examines if there could be a conflict of interest and the consequence of a possible refusal by the host country to grant diplomatic immunity to the staff member and or his/her partner and family, as well as possible security risks. The HR Department may ask for additional information from the applicant in this context.
The “Hostile Environment Awareness Training” (HEAT) is compulsory before taking up duty/going on mission in some countries. The EEAS will provide the selected candidate with that possibility in case she or he has not yet followed the training.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential, this is why we encourage women to apply.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTSDELEGATIONS@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE 2
Candidates are deemed to be fully aware of the local living conditions, including information concerning the accommodation, before applying. Individual post reports are available from EEAS.BA.HR.3, Rights and Obligations (RIGHTS-AND-OBLIGATIONS@eeas.europa.eu(link sends e-mail)).
Candidates should ensure that they are also fully aware of the provisions of Annex X of the Staff Regulations.
Candidates are invited to draft their CV following the European CV format which can be found at the following Internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae and indicating clearly the EPSO application ID number
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to:
Deadline for sending application: 18/06/2021 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel.
The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority
Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Place of employment: Delegation to Angola, Luanda, Angola
LCA (living conditions allowance): 35 %
Post available: immediately
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CE…
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-s…).