EU VACANCY: EEAS Vacancy Notice: Contract Agent FG IV – Architect/Real Estate Project Manager – EEAS Headquarters – job no. 375417
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent European Union foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission responsible for co-ordinating other aspects of the external action of the European Union. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Real Estate in Delegations Division (RM.SECRE.4) is responsible for the definition and implementation of the real Estate policy of the EEAS in EU Delegations, of the Housing and Residences policy and of the Colocation policy. It monitors and supports EU Delegations in managing Real Estate projects and in implementing all other policies; and it manages the corresponding budget lines, service contracts and procurement procedures.
A challenging position as Architect / Real Estate Project Manager within the Real Estate Operations team – contract agent FGIV as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
The selected candidate will be in charge of assisting EU Delegations in the preparation and implementation of real Estate projects in Delegations (including relocations, fitting-out, refurbishments, renovations, construction and security works). S/he will also have to deal with the operational aspects linked to the financial management of contracts, including the preparation of technical specifications of any tender in this field.
We look for:
A dynamic, proactive and highly motivated contract agent to be part of a team (“cluster”) of three architects and one Team leader/Country coordinator dealing with real Estate projects in Delegations, reporting to the Head and Deputy Head of Division. S/he will have as main responsibilities:
- to assist EU Delegations in the preparation and implementation of architectural and technical projects;
- to manage real Estate projects in Delegations, including the acceptance of works;
- to ensure that the lay-out of new Delegation offices comply with the real Estate policy and security guidelines of the EEAS;
- to provide technical advice on the evaluation of buildings, maintenance, renovation and/or refurbishment projects, security works (in coordination with the Field Security Division and external contractors) and more complex construction projects;
- to deal with the operational aspects linked to the financial management of security works (operational initiation and verification) under the existing framework contract;
- to prepare the technical specifications for tenders in the real Estate field (architectural services, works, etc.);
- to prepare reports, briefings or other documents concerning his/her field of work;
- to be proactively involved in the activities of the Division, cooperating with other teams in the Division (housing and Residences, colocation, but also Contracts & Finance) and contributing to overall reports and/or briefings.
S/he will be required to go on mission on a regular basis, sometimes to difficult countries or at very short notice.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). 1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group IV); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent, function group IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in FG IV ; or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in FG IV https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=Al…
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- have a degree in architecture;
- have experience in building evaluation, construction, design, works and/or maintenance;
- have a good understanding of the real Estate needs of EU Delegations and of the management of buildings serving as Embassies;
- have experience in project management;
- have experience in contract management and tendering procedures or at least be familiar with the standard Commission/EEAS financial procedures and EU public procurement rules;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues
- have the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- have excellent knowledge of English and French (both orally and in writing);
- have knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the Union;
- be able to work and deliver under pressure; and
- be able to work autonomously and in a service-oriented fashion.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions or Delegations;
- knowledge of specialised IT tools such as ACAD
would be considered as strong assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to:
with copy to Ms Adriana VÁZQUEZ GARRIDO, Head of Division, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending application: Monday, 8th November 2021, 12:00 (CET).
Candidates should draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address:http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Interviews will be scheduled in November 2021. Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 16/09/2021
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CE…
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-s…).