The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Public Procurement, Contracts and Finance Division – BA.BS.2 is responsible for procurement for Headquarters and Delegations and for ex-ante financial verifications of transactions at Headquarters stemming from public contracts. It supports and advises the authorizing officers by sub-delegation in their management of public contracts including their risk management.
The tasks where the intervention of the Division is mainly required are:
Procurement (supplies, services and works public contracts):
- Procurement plan for Delegations and Headquarters;
- Ex-ante controls or centralisation of procurement procedures;
- Templates procurement documents and step-by-step by procedure type.
- Standard models for contracts;
- Support in the management of contracts including ex-ante visa on certain amendments;
- Horizontal issues such as data protection, access to documents and EDES.
Finance (commitments, payments and recovery orders stemming from public contracts under the remit of the Division):
- Single point of registration of invoices for HQs’ managed contracts;
- Financial verification (decentralized verification) for all transactions at headquarters with third parties;
- Definition and update of the financial processes.
Two positions of Procurement Assistant, contract agent FGIII, as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
We look for
Two experienced public procurement colleagues, enthusiastic and good team players.
The successful candidates will report directly to the Head of Sector and will mainly:
- Analyse the operational needs, translate them in the procurement documents and be in charge of the preparation and running of procurement procedures stemming from Delegations and operational Divisions covering services, supplies and works subject to the Public Procurement Directive;
- Provide the necessary support or advice in the area of procurement and contract management to the different internal stakeholders within the EEAS;
- Train EEAS staff on public procurement;
- Be the focal point for a number of horizontal tasks such as the preparation/update of templates, standard documents and guides relating to procurement, including for (very)low and middle-value contracts;
- Be proactively involved in the activities of the Division.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). 1
The successful candidates will be offered a contract agent position (Function group III); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for these contract agent III posts should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=Al…
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
Candidates should have:
- a strong proven experience in public procurement;
- experience in working in a team in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment and be flexible team players;
- strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement;
- excellent communication skills both in English and French (C1 and above);
- the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- a “client oriented approach” and strong organisational and prioritising skills.
- legal background, experience in works contracts and proficiency (C1 and above) in Spanish and Portuguese will be considered as strong assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service. The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via e-mail to
Deadline for applications: 22/09/2021 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address:http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Posts available: Post 334013 is available immediately and post 337762 will be available at the latest at the end of February 2022
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CE…
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-s…).